President, Tomahawks Youth Lacrosse
Chris Rotelli Joins Tomahawks Youth Lacrosse Club as New Executive Director of Lacrosse
Nationally Recognized Lacrosse Legend to Help Make Palo Alto a Hot Bed for this Rapidly Rising Sport
PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA - September 4th, 2008 - The Tomahawks Youth Lacrosse Club today announced that Chris Rotelli, former professional and collegiate all star lacrosse player for both the San Francisco Dragons and the University Of Virginia, has joined the Tomahawks Youth Lacrosse Club in the position of Executive Director of Lacrosse.
As Executive Director, Chris is responsible for overseeing all lacrosse coaching and program elements for the Tomahawks - helping coach and mentor the Club's 300 players and nearly 40 coaches. The Club currently has teams for boys and girls from 1st grade through High School. Recently retired from professional lacrosse and working as a real estate broker for NAI BT Commercial, Chris hopes to take his passion for the sport and help build a world-class program here in California with the Tomahawks.
Palo Alto and Northern California is rapidly becoming the latest hotbed of lacrosse. Interest and participation in the sport, played primarily on the East Coast, is exploding in California. Chris and the Tomahawks will be expanding their year-round programs for the Club to include FallBall, Tomahawks SummerCamps, SummerBall, travelling teams, along with the normal spring lacrosse season.
Chris Rotelli has an extraordinary background of accomplishment. Among his achievements include:
· Tewaaraton Award 2003 - Awarded to the best lacrosse player in NCAA Division 1 Lacrosse annually
· ACC Male Athlete of the Year 2003 (first lacrosse player ever to win award)
· ACC Player of the Year 2003
· NCAA Division 1 Championship 2003
· ACC Championship 2000, 2003
· University of Virginia Team Co Captain 2003
· San Francisco Dragons Team Co Captain 2006, 2007
· 3 time Major League Lacrosse All Star
· 3 time USILA All American
· 3 time All ACC
· 3 time High School All American - Rhode Island, Moses Brown High School
· NCAA All Tournament team 2003
· ACC All tournament team 2003
· Number 1 overall pick in 2003 MLL draft
Bill Glazier is President of the Tomahawks Youth Lacrosse Club. Said Glazier "Chris Rotelli is a lacrosse legend, and an extraordinary individual. We are thrilled to have a person of his character and ability join us to help lacrosse realize its full potential here in Palo Alto and in the Bay Area."
Said Rotelli: "I grew up in Rhode Island - not a place traditionally associated with lacrosse - and helped the sport catch fire and become incredibly popular. I see many similarities here in Northern California. The Tomahawks have all the ingredients to help create the best Youth Lacrosse program on the West Coast, and I am excited to be a part of it at this early stage".